Centre Presbyterian Church (New Park, PA)
Worship, Caring, Community, and Serving in Jesus Christ
History of Centre Presbyterian
The exact date of the organization of Centre Church cannot be determined. There are records that refer to a church in the area in the 1760’s and 1770’s, with the first pastor being supplied in 1781. It is believed that the name “Centre” was chosen because the location was halfway between the existing churches of Round Hill In Cross Roads, PA and Bethel in Madonna, MD.
After outgrowing three previous structures, the current building was constructed in 1888 at a total cost of $14,881.45. To serve a growing congregation the Education Building was constructed in 1957 to accommodate Sunday School classroom and offices on the upper floor, and a kitchen and large recreational/meeting room in the basement.
For over 220 years, the congregation of Centre has worked to serve the people of neighboring communities in Pennsylvania and Maryland, while investing in missions around the globe.